Netgear router connection
Netgear is one of the most trusted names in providing the Networking and communication solutions devices. The Netgear has some of the best device models present in their catalog. Netgear believes in combing out all the internet and networking issues that the users face while using the network. Netgear is absolutely dedicated toward the betterment of the lives of people by innovating and converting the technologies into the high tech devices.
Netgear router reset
Although the Netgear wireless routers and other devices like modems and repeaters are very stable, efficient and durable but still sometimes the router tend to malfunction due to any reason. Some of the reasons due to which the routers tend to malfunction are listed as under.
Wrong IP address entered to log in to the router set up portal.
If the user forgets the login password for the router
In case if you forget the login password of the router for login, don’t get panic. Go with the reset procedure for the router login password. The reset of the router can be done by one of the two methods available. The reset methods through which we can reset the router are as under.
- Reset via the reset button
- Reset through the web based interface of the router
Reset via the reset button- The Netgear routers can be easily reset to its original factory settings by pressing the reset given on the back of the router panel. Just insert a pinpointed object like a paper pin or paperclip and hold the button pressed for at least 5 seconds. The router will get reset automatically and will reboot with in few seconds. The lights on the indicator panel will go off and on indicating the router reset.
NOTE- Kindly note that once you reset your router, all the settings written on the router will be erased and you will have to re configure the router with new settings all again.
Resetting the router through the web interface of the router
Resetting your Netgear router through the web based interface is an easy task to be done. The Netger reset process through the web interface is almost same as configuring the router through the web address http://routerlogin.net
In this section, we will help you with the reset of the router through the web portal. Follow the below mentioned procedure carefully to reset the router.
- Assuming that you are still connected to the router and you want to reset it.
- Open the web browser and enter the web address routerlogin.net in the address bar and hit the enter key.
- Enter the username and the password you have set or enter the default username and password which are “admin” and “password”.
- Upon logging in to the homepage of the router, you will see the settings tab and click it.
- Now, look out for the reset tab. After clicking the reset tab, the router lights will go off and then on indicating the router reset.
- Your Netgear router will go through a reboot. Wait for the reboot to finish properly.
- Make sure that the reboot at the end is finished properly. The restart process usually takes few seconds or a minute.
Connecting the router to the device
The connection of the router to your device like the Desktop or laptop can be done through one of the few below mentioned methods. The connection methods are as under.
- Connecting via the WPS button
- Connecting wirelessly through the Wi-Fi
- Ethernet cable connection
Connecting via the WPS button- Here in this part, we will let you know about connecting your router through the WPS button. The WPS stands for the Wi-Fi protected setup. This WPS method is quite safe and secure method to get connected to your router.
Following are some easy steps to connect your router to the PC.
- Open the router contents from its packing.
- Connect the power supply adapter to the wall socket and the router. Switch on the power supply.
- On switching on the lights, wait for the lights on the router get stable.
- Now, press the WPS button on the router and almost at the same time press the WPS tab on your PC.
- Make sure that the WPS buttons on both the devices are pressed simultaneously. This will lead to the successful connection in between the router and the device.
- However you will need to configure your router with the settings by logging in through the web address routerlogin.net and enter the page by entering the default username and the password.
Advantages WPS connection
There are several advantages. Some of them are listed as under.
- The WPS method is quite safe and secure to use.
- The WPS connection method is quite fast to use and set up the connection in between the device.
- The Wi-Fi protected set up can be done even by the less experienced users as it only needs to just press the WPS button.
Disadvantages of WPS button
There are not much disadvantages regarding the connection through the WPS button. But still one single problem with this way is that the users don’t synchronize the simultaneous pressing of the WPS button. They usually press the WPS button on the router and the computer with a huge time gap that ends up in the failure of connection in between them. Therefore, there is no disadvantage as such.