Updating the Netgear router through http://routerlogin.net
Updating the firmware of your router is pretty much essential as it keeps the router updated with the latest and newly added features and additional security features. The firmware update process is an easy task to do. Here, in this part, we will show that how you can update the firmware of your router easily.
Follow these steps mentioned below.
- Visit the support portal of Netgear through the website www.netgear.com/support and look out for an update if released by Netgear.
- Quote the exact device model of your router so that the correct update can be downloaded. Download the update file and save it in the location of your PC.
- Open the browser and enter the address www.routerlogin.net and authenticate the login page with the username and the password.
- Look out for the settings tabs and then click the Router firmware
- Now, click the update tab and you will be asked to specify the location where you have downloaded the update file.
- On selecting the update file, the upload process will start automatically and the router firmware will be updated within a few seconds or a minute.
- The router will get a reboot itself and the lights on the display panel will go off and on. Wait for the reboot to finish properly.
Important points to remember
- The most important thing to keep in mind is that the firmware update process shouldn’t be interrupted in any case.
- All the connections should be made properly and securely.
- It is strongly recommended to check for the updates on the router firmware so that your device isn’t kept outdated anytime.