Netgear router setup produces some of the most efficient and high tech wireless networking devices. The Netgear devices are much easy to assemble and configure for the networking use. Netgear has created a user-friendly web domain www.routerlogin.net and a smart setup wizard Netgear Genie through which the users can configure their routers with much ease in a few minutes.
Configuring the Netgear Orbi RBK 40 AC2200 router through routerlogin.net
- Primarily you will need to connect the modem into the internet port (WLAN) port of the router through an Ethernet cable.
- Then connect your computer device to the router in any of the LAN ports with the help of another Ethernet cable (RJ45).
- Switch on the power supply of the router through the wall socket and wait till the lights of the router become stable from blinking.
- Now, you are ready to configure the router. Open the web browser and enter the web address www.routerlogin.net and provide the login credentials.
- The default values for the username and the password is “admin” and “password” itself. These default values are applicable for most of the Netgear routers, modems and range repeaters etc.
- Select the Advanced tab and then Internet WAN tab. You will be prompted to choose a proper connection type from the drop-down list of connection types.
- Follow rest of the instructions on the screen and click save and apply changes.
- Then click the Reboot now tab. If you don’t click the reboot now tab, the newly made changes will not be written in the router’s memory and the router will not be working properly.
In this way, your Netgear wireless router will be configured within a few minutes of your time and enjoy the lightning fast speed of the router over the wireless as well as wired network.
Some frequently asked queries about the Netgear Orbi RBK40 AC2200 Router setup
What are the available methods to get our router connected to the computer device?
The users can connect their wireless routers and modems connected to the computing device through one of the following three methods mentioned below.
- Connection via the WPS button
- Connection over the Wi-Fi (most common)
- Wired connection through the Ethernet cable (RJ45 cable)
Where can I find the default IP address of the router?
The default IP address of the router is usually printed on the label pasted under the body of the router. There are some details printed on the label regarding the Netgear wireless routers i.e. Bluetooth ID, MAC ID etc.
What is the firmware of the router?
The firmware of the router is actually the interface between the user and device through which all the customization, configuration, and any modification can be done. The firmware of the router in simpler words is software that enables the user to communicate with it through the computer device.
Why do we need to update the firmware of the Netgear router?
The firmware of the router is the main virtual component through which all the networking and data transmission takes place. All the important customizations and configurations take place only through this firmware. Therefore, it is recommended that the firmware of the router should be kept updated so that it always performs efficiently without any error.
What is the difference in accessing the route through routerlogin.net and through its default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1?
Accessing the router setup portal through its default IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 becomes a bit difficult as this numerical web address is quite complex to remember and the users usually end up in entering the wrong IP address.
However, this is not the case with the routerlogin.net web address as this web domain was only created for the convenience of the users. The users can easily remember this web domain and then configure the router in the shortest possible time without any errors.